This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

CRM 2016 Web API

May 19, 2016 at 8:29 PM
I was wondering if you were working on a version that would use Web API instead of SOAP? Because SOAP is deprecated in 2016.
May 25, 2016 at 3:57 PM
Hi eretique,
It works fine in CRM 2016.
Marked as answer by Liger on 7/5/2016 at 3:32 PM
Jun 14, 2016 at 2:59 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2016 at 3:01 PM
Hi, why not add the possibility of async calls? It should be simple, adding only one parameter.
(..)
req.open("POST", url + "/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc/web", async);
(...)

Thank you
Jul 5, 2016 at 11:27 PM
@eretique, as inamesh mentioned SOAP is still supported in CRM 2016, so this library still works fine. I have been looking at creating a wrapper for the Web Api which uses the same methods and format as Process.js, however I've found that Web Api is pretty inconsistent and clumsy at the moment (especially for actions). For example if you have an entity or entity collection as your output parameter, you can't have any other output parameters, and it does some weird stuff sometimes where it doesn't tell you what the name of the output parameter was etc... At this stage there is no way of converting Process.js to use Web Api, so either Microsoft needs to make the Web Api more consistent, or code will need to be updated to use a different library when the time comes. I may still create a Web Api wrapper at some point, however it will likely take different parameters to Process.js, so code will still need to be updated.
Jul 5, 2016 at 11:29 PM
@WillBeOK, I decided to make it async otherwise it locks the UI, and calling actions is quite slow, so it's not a nice user experience to lock up the UI for a second or two while it does its thing. However, you can also update the functions to include an additional 'async' parameter, if you require this in your system.